Role as documented in the bylaws:
Section 2. Board Policy Committees. Policy Committees shall be established and serve at the pleasure of the Board of Directors and regularly report on their activities to the Board. Policy committees shall be chaired by a Board member and may be comprised of both Board members or other institutional or sustaining members. These committees and their responsibilities shall include:
C. Finance and Audit Committee
- Oversee financial management and health of organization, review budget, regular financial reports, annual audit, financial policies, and major financial decisions.
- Coordinate Board assistance, when needed, in fundraising activities, such as identifying and opening doors to new donors and helping to solicit contributions from them.
- Ensure the adequacy of SECOORA’s financial disclosure and internal controls.
- In coordination with the Executive Director, hire or terminate outside auditors and establish the terms of the outside auditor’s engagement.
- In coordination with the Executive Director, engage independent outside legal and accounting advisors when deemed necessary and advisable.
- Review dues annually and make recommendations to the Board.
(B) Signifies Board of Directors member