- Develop a science plan for SECOORA. This plan will define, in broad terms, the coastal ocean scientific issues facing the SECOORA region. The science plan should be kept consistent with national guidelines and the IOOS societal goals.
- Keep the science plan for SECOORA current, by modifying, refining and adding to the existing plan as SECOORA efforts progress.
- Provide oversight for ensuring instrumentation and observation schemes in the SECOORA region are consistent with national and international OOS scientific recommendations.
- Interface with other SECOORA committees to insure fidelity of the science plan with the broader SECOORA charge, such as service to stakeholders.
- The Chair will facilitate input from the committee to provide guidance and review of proposals written on behalf of SECOORA.
Members (B) Signifies Board of Directors member