The FACT Network is a grassroots collaboration of marine scientists using acoustic telemetry and other technologies to better understand and conserve our region’s important fish and sea turtle species. The FACT Network originated as the Florida Atlantic Coast Telemetry Network but has since grown to include partners from the Bahamas to the Carolinas (and is growing everyday) and is now know simply as the FACT Network.
Where We Work
- Expand the Scale and Cost Effectiveness of Behavioral Studies Through Partnerships and Data Sharing
- Encourage New Projects and Student Involvement with an Inclusive Research Atmosphere
- Communicate Findings to Policy Makers and the Public to Guide Coastal Management Decisions
FACT By the Numbers
A Whole Lot of Detections
FACT in Action
Watch the below video to see FACT Network members in action tagging Tripletail in the Gulf of Mexico and collecting genetic samples.
- Did you miss Data Manager Dr. Joy Young’s webinar on the FACT Network? Check out the recording below!
- Interested in studying how temperature affects fish movement patterns in S. Florida? FACT is sponsoring a grad student! Proposals are due May 15, 2020.
- Still looking for some funds to travel to a scientific conference? Check to see if you qualify for the Vembu Subramanian Ocean Scholars Award. Proposals are due May 15, 2020.