Below is an outline of the SECOORA Strategic Plan for 2021-2024. The SECOORA Board adopted the plan in Spring 2021. This document guides SECOORA’s tasks for the next 3 years.
SECOORA’s mission is to observe, understand, and increase awareness of our coastal ocean; supporting community, economic, and ecosystem resilience through strong and diverse partnerships.
SECOORA is the recognized regional leader, valued partner, and the trusted source for coastal ocean information.
We believe in…
Strategic Priority Goals
- Increase exposure & broaden usage of SECOORA’s information & products
- Utilize a prioritized science-justified ocean observing system plan to guide and inform decision making and implementation
- Expand Partnerships including members and stakeholders
- Broaden participation of historically underrepresented groups at all levels in our activities
- Improve SECOORA’s organizational capabilities