The Southeast Coastal Ocean Observing Regional Association (SECOORA), a regional non-profit organization based in Charleston, South Carolina, seeks a contractor to provide project management and coordinator services including 1) leading product development efforts; 2) managing SECOORA’s affiliate programs; and 3) coordinating special projects (outside of the 5-year IOOS cooperative agreement).
SECOORA works with stakeholders within the four southeastern states – North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and Florida – to monitor our coasts and ocean. SECOORA provides coastal and oceanographic data and products to communities, state and Federal agencies, and industries within the region. SECOORA is one of 11 Regional Associations working in partnership with the Integrated Ocean Observing System (IOOS) Program Office, other federal agencies, and interested stakeholders in the public and private sectors to build and operate our Nation’s coastal and ocean observing capabilities.
The successful contractor is able to work remotely but will need to be available via phone during normal working hours. Additionally, the contractor will have to participate on weekly staff calls. The Project Coordinator will work with the SECOORA Executive Director, Deputy Director, and Communications Director on the following:
- Serve as a product manager within SECOORA. The product manager gathers user requirements, builds a team to implement projects, and manages the product throughout its lifecycle. The product manager will work with a technical team to implement the project and reach back to the key users along the way to ensure successful implementation.
- Serve as the SECOORA lead and represent SECOORA’s perspective on affiliated programs including Southeast Ocean and Coastal Acidification Network (SOCAN); the FACT Network; the Southeast & Caribbean Disaster Resilience Partnership (SCDRP) and the Regional Ocean Data Sharing project. Support required for these programs may range from webinar coordination, website support (Wix and WordPress platforms), newsletter development and /or meeting coordination / facilitation.
- Coordinate projects resulting from successful proposal awards, including the Coastal Ocean Modeling Testbed and WebCOOS: Webcams for Coastal Observations and Operational Support. Required support includes scheduling regular calls; drafting progress reports; and coordinating data management with the Deputy Director.
- Additional project assignments as needed. SECOORA is a small organization, and not all work tasks can be anticipated, and/or require many team members to contribute such as proposal development and Board / Annual Meeting coordination.
Required Expertise and Skills:
- Able to work within the framework of a diverse, region-wide organization.
- Ability to perform work virtually and must have access to stable wi-fi / internet
- Motivated self-starter with ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical, organizational, documentation, and planning skills.
- Ability to easily manage and coordinate multiple projects and deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to build partnerships and communicate, collaborate, and work effectively with diverse groups of internal and external stakeholders.
- Capable of working and communicating with both technical and nontechnical colleagues.
- Proficiency and practical experience regarding basic computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Docs.
- Have a willingness and ability to travel within the SECOORA region to attend and support stakeholder workshops and organizational meetings.
Desired Expertise and Skills:
- Knowledge and practical experience of Constant Contact, Wix and WordPress platforms.
- Experience coordinating proposal development.
- Experience with the GoToMeeting system.
- A strong understanding of the existing Integrated Ocean Observing System Program, SECOORA and/or ocean or coastal issues, science, and policy, and the southeast U.S. region.
- The preferred location for the contractor is in one of the following states: Florida, Georgia, North Carolina or South Carolina.
- This position requires a bachelor’s degree plus 2 years related experience or an equivalent work experience.
Period of Performance: Initial six-month contract, with options to extend based on performance and funding.
Compensation: The contract offer will be based on the successful candidate’s qualifications and experience. Anticipated workload is approximately 20 hours per week.
Application Deadline: April 21, 2021
To Apply: Please email a cover letter addressing skills and qualifications; a formal resume with a list of experience covering, at minimum, the last 5 years; and a list of three professional references (name, title, address, and phone number). Emailed applications must be in PDF file format.
Please application materials to:
Megan Lee, SECOORA Chief Financial Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org. All questions should be emailed to Debra Hernandez, SECOORA Executive Director, at email@example.com.
Click here for PDF of job announcement. Deadline to apply is April 21, 2021.