Update (August 28, 2020)
The Drones in the Coastal Zone workshop is transitioning to a series of virtual sessions in October 2020.
The twice a week series will cover aspects of drone technology including governmental policy and procedures, mission planning, data management, demonstrations on emerging drone technologies, and more. All sessions will be recorded and made available on this webpage.
All sessions are hosted from 10 AM – 12 PM ET and are subject to change.
Click here for the agenda.
- Wednesday, October 14: Kick off – Introduction to using Drones in the Coastal Zone (session materials are below and click here for the recording)
- Friday, October 16: Environmental Quality and Habitat Condition
- Tuesday, October 20: Incorporating Training in your Drone Program and Coastal Hazard and Damage Assessment
- Thursday, October 22: Regulatory Legal and Ethical Considerations for Drone Operations (session material is below)
- Tuesday, October 27: Data Management and Communications and Mission Planning Introduction
- Thursday, October 29: Using Drones to Conduct Species / Wildlife Management (session materials are below)
- MorphoMetriX Photogrammetry Walkthrough (video)
- MorphoMetriX: a photogrammetric measurement GUI for morphometric analysis of megafauna (paper)
- CollatriX: A GUI to collate MorphoMetriX outputs (paper)
- A standardized protocol for reporting methods when using drones for wildlife research (paper)
- Operational Protocols for the Use of Drones in Marine Animal Research (paper)