Update (August 28, 2020)
The Drones in the Coastal Zone workshop is transitioning to a series of virtual sessions in October 2020. Click here to register.
The twice a week series will cover aspects of drone technology including governmental policy and procedures, mission planning, data management, demonstrations on emerging drone technologies, and more. All sessions will be recorded and made available on this webpage.
All sessions are hosted from 10 AM – 12 PM ET and are subject to change.
Click here for a draft agenda.
- Wednesday, October 14: Kick off – Introduction to using Drones in the Coastal Zone
- Friday, October 16: Environmental Quality and Habitat Condition
- Tuesday, October 20: Incorporating Training in your Drone Program and Coastal Hazard and Damage Assessment
- Thursday, October 22: Regulatory Legal and Ethical Considerations for Drone Operations
- Tuesday, October 27: Data Management and Communications and Mission Planning Introduction
- Thursday, October 29: Using Drones to Conduct Species / Wildlife Management
Registration is now open! Please click here to register for the sessions you are interested in attending. Deadline to register is October 9, 2020.
You will receive login information closer to the session date(s). Please note, spaces are limited. We will be giving priority to those working in the Southeast and Caribbean regions. Registration does not confirm a spot in the session.
Please contact Abbey Wakely at email@example.com for questions or to be added to the announcement listserv.