This initiative not only enhances our communication strategies, but also positions us strategically for the future, aligning with the evolving needs of coastal communities and a thriving blue economy. Every click is an invitation to explore, learn, and engage with the wealth of data and resources we have to offer.
Strategic Interface for Enhanced Data and Information Access
Our new website features a user-friendly interface with streamlined access to data and information. Rigorously tested by users, it guarantees that you’ll find the data and information you need. We remain dedicated to the principles of providing accessible and free data, ensuring that valuable information is accessible to everyone.
Strong Relationships, Friendliness, and Trust at the Core
At the heart of our website’s design is SECOORA’s commitment to fostering friendly, trusted, and collaborative relationships. The interface prominently showcases our partnerships, commitment to the next generation, and efforts to empower communities with data-driven decision-making.
Renewed Appearance and Improved Messaging
The redesigned website introduces a visually appealing interface seamlessly integrating our new sand-to-sea color palette. These colors not only symbolize our commitment to delivering data from the coast to the ocean, but also signify the expansion of our work in service of diverse communities through creation of a user-friendly space for all seeking information.
We collaborated with our community to define our new messaging, articulating SECOORA’s guiding beliefs:
- Scientific integrity: We are dedicated to maintaining the highest standards of data collection and processing. We are a certified Regional Coastal Ocean Observing System and our data is held to NOAA’s robust standards.
- Available, accessible, and free: We ensure observing data that is vital to safeguarding coastal ocean ecosystems and communities is available, accessible, and free for everyone.
- No one does it alone: We facilitate interdisciplinary collaborations and knowledge sharing to advance science and technology, and drive inclusive, science-driven solutions.
- Community driven innovation: We utilize emerging technologies to provide the data and information that coastal communities need to thrive in a changing world and build a flourishing blue economy.
- Active coastal ocean stewardship: By sharing our data freely and facilitating communications and collaborations we support science-based decisions for improved management of our shared coastal ocean.
In summary, our new website is our commitment to advancing coastal and ocean observing, promoting resilience, and creating space where knowledge flows freely and decisions are informed.
Webinar: Developing low-cost and open-source technologies for smart coastal communities
Join us Thursday, February 22nd at 12 PM ET for SECOORA's Coastal Observing in Your Community Webinar Series! Our speaker this month is Dr. Phil Bresnahan from the University of North Carolina Wilmington.
SECOORA Request for Quotes: Operate Nationwide Coastal Web Camera Network
SECOORA is soliciting proposals focused on installing, maintaining, and operating web cameras to scale from a regional to a national network of coastal web cameras (WebCOOS).
Meet the Winner of the 2023 SECOORA Data Challenge
Kaylee Mooney, a graduate student from Florida Gulf Coast University, is the winner of the SECOORA Data Challenge for her proposal Implementing Vulnerability into Historic Hurricane Normalizations.