We thank everyone who attended the SECOORA 2016 Annual Meeting at North Carolina State University! The three-day meeting focused on identifying opportunities for collaborations and highlighting SECOORA accomplishments. The conversation focused on big data and ecological interactions in the southeast (jump to meeting presentations).
Thank you to Ruoying He and Jennifer Warrilow for hosting the meeting at North Carolina State University.
Over 60 participants worked together to identify ways to take the productive step toward strengthening SECOORA. We are energized to work with volunteers to complete the below:
- Elect New Board Members
- Mitch Roffer (Roffer’s Ocean Fishing Forecasting Service, Inc.): Industry/Private Sector Seat
- Rick DeVoe (SC Sea Grant Consortium): Public Agencies/ Non-Profit/ Other Sector Seat
- Lisa Adams (Kennesaw State University): At Large Seat- GA Seat
- Quinton White (Jacksonville University): At Large Seat- FL Seat
- Michael Crosby (Mote): Sustaining Member Seat
- Design targeted member benefit packages for different user groups
- Establish a SECOORA student fellowship with the assistance of an Ad Hoc Committee
- Form an Ad-Hoc Committee to help plan a fundraising campaign in conjunction with the a the SECOORA 10-Year Anniversary celebration
- Develop a new RCOOS Plan with the assistance of experts in the our region
- Update the SECOORA Data Portal based on feedback
- Consider hosting a panel on Understanding Ecological Interactions in the Gulf of Mexico